- 100g Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 200g gluten free plain flour
- 100g coconut sugar
- 85g Lucy Bee Cacao Powder/ Drinking Chocolate
- 1 tsp. gluten free baking powder
- 2 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 2 bananas
- 1 apple, peeled and cored
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 200g coconut yoghurt, or vegan yoghurt of your choice
- 220ml hot water from the kettle
For the filling and topping
- 320ml coconut cream (the thick part, not the water) refrigerated
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 200g mixed berries of your choice to decorate.
- Preheat the oven to 150C/300F/gas mark 2. Grease and line two 20cm cake tins.
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. In a food processor, purée the bananas and apple together until smooth then transfer to a second bowl. Add the melted coconut oil, vanilla and yoghurt to the purée. Mix together, add to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
3. Slowly add the hot water, while stirring the mixture. Once combined, pour into the prepared tins and bake for 40 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the middle of one comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tins for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
4. To make the filling and topping, put the coconut cream into a bowl with the vanilla and icing sugar, and using an electric hand-held mixer, whip until combined. Store in the fridge until the cake is completely cool.
5. Smooth half the coconut cream over one cake, top with half the berries and place the second cake on top. Spread the remaining coconut cream on top and add the remaining berries. Finally, sift a light dusting of icing sugar over the top and serve.