Guest Post by Sam Hadadi
While I’ve always loved my food, I love to bake and experiment even more.
‘Nigella, I am Not…’
I’m never happier than when I’m ensconced in my kitchen, flour powdering the walls, recipe books strewn across the island and cake dough splattered across my nose. Nigella, I am not…
Are You Greedy?
But however much of a foodie (and, let’s face it, that’s just a posh word for ‘greedy’!) I am, I have started to make real, conscious decisions about the foods I am eating and making.
In the past few years, I have tried endless products, which promise to make a difference to my health and body. But none have made waves in my kitchen quite so much as the fabulous Lucy Bee Coconut Oil. In fact, none have even come close.
Not even a little bit.
Coconut Oil Transformation
You see, Lucy Bee Coconut Oil has pretty much transformed my kitchen and my day-to-day life.
I stir a spoonful into my morning coffee (it makes me as bouncy as Tigger!) and baste my Sunday roast with it. I use it to whip up healthy energy bites, homemade protein bars and my favourite banana bread. I’ve thrown it into my morning porridge, used it to fry my onions and veggies for Thai dishes, and stirred it into smoothies for a tropical twist.
All in all, I think it’s safe to say that I am a Lucy Bee Coconut Oil addict.
Delicious Depth and Health Benefits
So, why am I preaching about this wonder food so much? Well, not only does coconut oil add a delicious depth to your cooking, but it also has dozens of health benefits and uses.
But for all its amazing uses, this recipe for Peanut Butter Cups (I am addicted to peanut butter and probably need to enter PB rehab, but there we go…), made using homemade nut butter and Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, is my favourite,
Eat one, and the rest is sure to follow. Now, go forth and enjoy…
Healthier Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
- 300g natural peanut butter, smooth (I used homemade. Click here for the recipe)
- 180g honey
- 2 tbsp Lucy Bee coconut oil
- 200g dark chocolate
1) Line two 6-hole muffin trays with silicone cases (you can use regular muffin cases, but I find silicone cases helps you to slide the Cups out at the end).
2) Melt together the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil in a microwave and stir until combined. Pour evenly into the muffin cases, then freeze to set.
3) When the peanut butter cups are set, melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second blasts, stirring in between each. Once the chocolate is melted, pour over the peanut butter and place in the fridge to set.
4) Leave in the fridge until you are ready to serve (they melt at room temperature), then eat and enjoy.
See other baking ideas from Sam on: I AM INTO THIS
About Lucy Bee Limited
Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and eating close to nature with additive free products for health.