Guest post by Hadee
Chocolate cupcakes – the recipe.
I’ve done it! Done what you say? I’ve come up with a chocolate cupcake recipe that includes all of my favourite ingredients. Let me start off by saying these cupcakes contain no added sugars and can easily be made gluten free with 1 small tweak to the recipe. They are high in protein and make a great “on the go snack/post workout snack”.
Sounds great. What do I need?
All you need for this quick, easy and simple recipe is the following;
- 75g Greek yogurt (I use TotalGreek as they are simply THE best authentic Greek yoghurt around!)
- 60g Ground oats (gluten free oats/ground almonds will make this recipe gluten free)
- 50g Whey protein (I ALWAYS use MyProtein’s True whey (cookies and cream flavour))
- 50g Melted dark chocolate (I use Green and Blacks dark chocolate (85% cocoa))
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Large sized banana (mashed)
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil (I use Lucy Bee Coconut Oil because it’s packed full of healthy fats & tastes great!)
- 1 tsp Nutmeg or cinnamon (ground)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Place into cupcake cases.
3. Place in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
4. Leave to cool on a cooling rack
5. Decorate as you please. I mixed whey protein with Greek yogurt to create a high protein frosting.
… and there you have it. My high protein cupcake. This recipe makes 10 cupcakes.
Nutritional Info (per cupcake – no frosting);
- Kcal: 114
- Protein: 7g
- Carb: 7g
- Fats: 5g
As you can see it is a well balanced snack. You can increase protein intake by adding the protein frosting. Hope you like it!
The views and opinions expressed in videos and articles on the Lucy Bee website/s or social networking sites are those of the author/s and do not necessarily reflect those of Lucy Bee Limited.
About Lucy Bee Limited
Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and eating close to nature with additive free products for health.