Added to a bath bomb, green tea feeds skin essential nutrients.
The coconut oil hydrates and the lemon oil purifies, while also creating an uplifting scent.
Take care when handling citric acid on its own and avoid any contact with the skin or eyes while measuring it, as it can cause stinging and irritation.
If you really want to splash out you can use matcha green tea powder, which is packed with antioxidants and magnesium-rich chlorophyll (also responsible for its bright green colour).
- 4 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil, melted
- 240g bicarbonate of soda
- 120g citric acid
- 5 tbsp. green tea powder
- 5 drops of lemon essential oil
- Pour the coconut oil into a small mixing bowl.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) and citric acid (avoiding skin contact with the citric acid).
- Add the green tea powder to the mixing bowl, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring as you go, then add the lemon essential oil.
- Leave the mixture to cool, then pour into 6 bath bomb moulds or the moulds of a silicone ice cube tray.
- Place in the refrigerator for an hour until hard, then remove the bath bomb from the moulds.
Taken From Natural Beauty with Coconut Oil
Buy the book from Amazon