Breakfast Health – starting the day right!
Keeping the family healthy with nutritious meals is always top of the agenda and breakfast is ideal for setting them up for a good day. With children starting back to school this week, we thought it a good opportunity to show different ways in which you can include Lucy Bee in the daily diet – the missing link in the jigsaw of healthy fats.
Starting your day the Lucy Bee way
It’s said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and yet we hear so many people saying they can’t eat too early. If this is the case in your house, how about trying a smoothie for the family – you can pack so much goodness into this and they won’t even know it!
What’s great is you can adapt to suit your taste – a family favourite of ours is:
- 1 banana = potassium, vitaminB6 & C, manganese, fibre,
- Handful of strawberries = antioxidants, vitamins, fibre, manganese, iron
- ½ avocado = fibre, vitamin K, C, B5, B6, folate, potassium
- Few blueberries = phytonutrients, antioxidant
- Almond milk = fibre, vitamins, selenium, iron, calcium
- Coconut water = hydrating, electrolytes, potassium
- Acai powder = anthocyanins & flavonoids
- Dash of Udo oil = essential fatty acids omega 3:6:9
- Teaspoon Lucy Bee Coconut oil = a medium-chain fatty acid and predominantly made up of lauric acid (approx 48%). Due to EU regulations on food health claims, we are unable to quote the health benefits of coconut oil as they have not been established under the EU Food Standard Authority. Please feel free though, to do your own research on the benefits.
Breakfast is a wonderful time in which to use Lucy Bee and therefore, gain its health benefits. Literally swap your butter and other oils for coconut oil – it’s as simple as that. Quick ideas include pancakes, scrambled eggs & smoked salmon, simple toast & marmite, homemade granola – all tasty, healthy options.
As a medium chain fatty acid, coconut oil is a nutritious substitute for butter and other oils.
Does everything taste of coconut?
Actually no! What it does is enhance the flavours without dominating them.
What about being lactose intolerant?
Well this is what makes life so easy with coconut oil. It’s naturally lactose and gluten free meaning those with these intolerances can happily enjoy its benefits too.
So, what are you having for breakfast tomorrow?
Have a great week,
About Lucy Bee Limited
Lucy Bee is concerned with Fair Trade, ethical and sustainable living, recycling and eating close to nature with additive free products for health.